Wednesday, November 28, 2007

NEWEST FIND

I was off on Monday and if anyone was watching the Steeler game on Monday night you know what the weather was like. It poured down raining all day and I decided there was no way I was going Christmas shopping. Instead, I just went to the Williams Sonoma store and as soon as I walked in the fragrance was to die for. I decided I had to have it. There was a woman who greeted you at the front door and she directed me to everything I needed. Has anyone every tried this. You just fill that little steamer up and put it in boiling water and your just starts to smell wonderful. It might be better than a candle which I usually have one lite all the time while I am sewing. Has anyone else ever tried these.

I cannot believe that it is the end of November and less than a month to Christmas. I was off over the Thanksgiving holiday and didn't do any shopping on black Friday. Instead, my DH starts to decorate the house. He loves Xmas so I let him go wild. This year he decided we weren't going to have a real tree, instead he went to Lowe's and bought an artificial one against my wishes because you see I love the real thing. Well he has taken the tree back 3 times because at least one section of the tree's lights weren't working and guess what, this one isn't working either. For what this darn thing costs, he better keep taking it back until he gets one with all the ones working. Needless to say, there are no decorations on the tree but the house is starting to get decorated. Here is a picture in my dining room of one of my favorite wreathes. The place where we usually get our "real" tree at has the most awesome floral shop and I just can't resist them.



Haven't gotten very much sewing done since before Thanksgiving but that is okay. Last night I was trying to get my blocks done for Saturday's class and only have the last border and then they are finished. Tonight, I think I am going to start tracing another one of my bluework snowman blocks. They are just so very consuming it will probably take 2 nights to trace this one.
This weekend starts our "challenge" with my 3 other friends. I will be posting the pictures of my fabric on Saturday and then start cutting out. Can't wait to get started on this one. I am excited.
Well I just wanted to touch base and say hello. I will post more often this week.
Hugs, Cindy



2 comments:

Perry said...

I like your wreath, it is really pretty. Have not tried the mulling spice thing. Have had things similar to that in the past, however. Good luck with the tree! And I would love to see snowmen. You are further along on decorating than I am, may not even do any.

Unknown said...

I love the mulling spices! They are so yummy! Some of them are good in cider too!