Monday, December 31, 2007

CHALLENGE WEEK 4




Good morning everyone. I can hardly believe that it is New Years Eve morning. Where did 2007 go. I definitely need to make some changes in 2008. In 2007, I stopped smoking AGAIN and this is something I struggle with everyday so in 2008 I am going to make changes in my eating habits and start the exercise regime. The exercising is something that I really need to do. I find that the older I am getting the more stiff I become. We need to clean our basement out some and I am going to invest in a good treadmill. My hubbie has an eliptical trainer but I cannot do it. I don't know why, but I just can't do the darn thing. He gets so mad at me because he said it is just like riding a bike. Well, I never like riding bikes.
I did get a lot done on the challenge quilt this week in the last few days. As you can see the quilt is assemblied and I just have to put the border on it. I might work on that today but I have to go to the post office this morning to mail a quilt to the quilter and get stamps. Hubbie said he might be leaving work early today so that interrupts into my sewing time. LOL.
Anyone have big plans for New Years Eve? I always like to have a quiet New Year. We are going to go to an early dinner with some friends and then come home and watch a movie. We have gone out to parties in the past, but I prefer to stay at home. What does everyone cook for New Years Day? I will be making a pork roast, kielbassa and hot dogs roasted in saukerkraut. I will make mashed potatoes for my side and that is what I consists for New Years dinner. The other tradition I have is sometime today I will but a penny, head side up outside on one of the ledges by the front door. My mother always told me that this means that money will come into the house the whole next year. I can remember my mother doing this and ever since I have left home, I do it also.
I only have 2 days left of vacation. Very sad. Tomorrow I will start stressing again about going back into the mad race but at least I will only have 3 days to this week. It will take me all of Wednesday just to get caught up.
Well off to get a shower. Happy New Year everyone.
Hugs, Cindy



9 comments:

Juliann in WA said...

Love your challenge quilt - just beautiful. I have an elliptical and if I were to do it again, I would probably get a treadmill - I think it is more versatile but since I can actually get out to the trail most of the year, it seemed like a silly thing at the time to have a treadmill too. Well done to have quit smoking - it has been 20 years for me - I wish you well in staying on course. Happy New Year.

Perry said...

Looks real good. Glad you were able to get as much done as you did. I am making beef stroganoff and stuffed squash IF I get around to cooking tomorrow, lol. Think I'll try the penny bit, sure can't hurt! Happy New Year to you and Joe and Beth!

Nicole said...

You are way farther along than the rest of us Cindy! Love what you have accomplished. Good luck with your vow to quit smoking! Happy New Year!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

I like your penny idea. I'm gonna try that one. Who couldn't use more money? That means more fabric right? LOL!!!
Love your quilt. It's looking good. I am with you on the eliptical machine. I just can NOT do that thing. I do it not even two minutes. It's hard!! I have a treadmill and it looks great with my clothes hanging on it. That is what it's for right?
Congrats on the stop smoking. Don't start again!!! You can do it!!

Sherry said...

Your challenge quilt looks wonderful! I'm hoping to get in more exercise in 2008, time to stop using the treadmill & fitness flyer as clotheslines! LOL Best of all to you in 2008, love following your blog.

Lisa D. said...

Oh Cindy - your challenge quilt is looking beautiful and blendy - just the way it should look. Love those fabrics! Good for you for quitting smoking and resolving to exercise more. Both tough things to do!

Kimberly Jolly said...

I love your quilt. I love the fabric and the pattern! It looks like you got a lot done even though you don't think you did!

Lissa Jane said...

I didn't make any new years resolutions..

other than
1. eat more chocolate
2. gain 10lbs..

I mean, if I break these resolutions not too bad?? LOL
I love your quilt, very yummy!


Lissa

Anonymous said...

I love this quilt, I have a bundle of these fabrics just waiting....